Check-In: Check-in is at our sister property “14 West Boutique Hotel” located at 690 S Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA 92651 any time after 4 pm. 2 Keys are provided upon check-in. There is no formal checkout protocol, we only ask that at 10 am you vacant the unit and leave both keys and any parking permits on any counter or table top. Please note there is a $20 key replacement charge should a key be lost.
Parking: Parking comes at a Premium in Laguna Beach. We provide Complimentary parking for one small car and larger cars may park at our sister property.
Cleaning Fee: There is a one-time $115.00 cleaning fee added on top of room & tax in order to better serve every Villa once it is checked out. This one-time fee also includes one cleaning on the 7th night of your stay. Additional service may be added at $115 per service call. This one-time fee is included in the total amount on the first page of this agreement.
Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 4.
Access: Guest shall allow Owner access to the property for the purposes of repair and inspection. The owner shall exercise this right in a reasonable manner.
Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the premises and shall cause all members of the rental party and any other persons that Guest permits on the premises to abide by the Rental Rules. Failure to abide by the Rental Rules shall be considered a material breach of this Short-Term Rental Agreement and may at the sole discretion of Owner, Result in termination of occupancy with no refund or rent monies paid by Guest.
Complimentary Laundry Facilities: Two washers and dryers are located behind the double doors underneath the upstairs patio of villa # 2 Teatro. Two beach towels are provided in your villa upon check in inside a beach bag.
Hold Harmless/ Indemnification: Guest agrees to hold Owner harmless for any damage or injury to Guest, members of the rental party, or any other person invited to the premises by Guest or members of the rental party unless such damage or injury is caused by the negligence or willful act of Owner. Guest releases Owner from liability and agrees to indemnify Owner against losses incurred as a result of (a) Guest’s failure to fulfill any condition of this agreement, (b) any damage or injury happening in or about rental or premises to the Guest’s invitees or licenses or such person’s property, (c) Guest’s failure to comply with any requirements imposed by any government authority and (d) any judgement, lien, or other encumbrance files against Guest as a result of Guest’s action. Owner is not responsible for loss or damage to cars or contents.
Holding Over: Guest agrees to not hold over occupancy of the rental unit past the rental period herein stated without the written consent of the Owner. Guest understands and is hereby given notice that any unauthorized holding over of the rental unit beyond the rental period stated herein could severely jeopardize Owner’s business and cause loss of rental income, temporary and/ or permanent loss of goodwill and reputation, and may cause Owner to breach an agreement with subsequent Guests. In the event of any unauthorized holding over by Guest, Owner shall seek remedies allowable by Law against Guest, including reimbursement of lost rental income to other party and money damages. Guest shall deliver possession of the rental unit in good order and repaid to Owner upon termination or expiration of this agreement.
Unavailability: If for any reason a particular unit is unavailable, the owner reserves the right to substitute a comparable unit on this or another property. Comparable units shall have comparable and similar ocean views, appointments and beach access.
Maintenance/ Repairs & Furniture/ Alterations: Any item not in working order shall be immediately reported to housekeeping or management. Any damage as a result of neglect, such as unreported water damage, shall be repaired at the renter’s expense. Reporting repairs does not give occupant the right to a refund or discount or to cancel this agreement. Management shall make repairs in a timely and reasonable manner. Ownership/Management at all times reserves the right to enter premises for the purpose of maintenance or inspection. Furniture shall not be moved and units shall not be reorganized or remodeled in any way. No alterations shall be made to walls, art, landscaping or any contents of the unit or property.
Personal Property: Occupants’ or guests’ personal property, including vehicles, are not insured by owner. Owner recommends that occupant carry or obtain insurance to protect occupant, guests and property. Occupants and guests agree to indemnify and hold harmless owner and owner’s representative for all claims, disputes, litigation, judgments, costs and attorney fees resulting from loss, damage or injury to occupant, guests or their personal property.
Mediation: Occupant and guests agree to mediate any dispute or claim arising out of this agreement, or any resulting transaction before resulting to arbitration or court action. Mediation fees, if any, shall be equally divided among the parties involved.
Joint and Individual Obligations: If there is more than one guest or occupant, each one shall be individually and completely responsible for the performance of all obligations under this agreement, jointly and individually with every other guest or occupant
Falsified Reservations: Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in. The credit card used for payment must be presented along with matching identification at time of check-in. A copy of these documents may be taken for the security of cardholders.
Written Exceptions: Any exceptions to any of the policies herein must be approved in writing in advance.
WATER - PLEASE DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. Feminine products cannot be disposed of in the toilet at any time. Any evidence that feminine products have been flushed resulting in clogging of the septic system will elicit damage charges of up to two hundred fifty dollars ($250).
Storm Policy/ Road Conditions: No refunds will be given for weather. This is Southern California and your odds of good weather are better than almost anywhere in the world. We shall share in that risk together.
This is a 100% NON-SMOKING facility: There is no smoking allowed anywhere on the 729 Gaviota Dr. Premises. This includes all outdoor areas since Laguna Beach is a non-smoking city.
Cancellation: Any cancellation received 90 days prior to arrival is fully refundable. Any cancellation within 90 to 60 days will only be charged the first night’s room and tax. Any cancellation received 60 to 30 days prior to arrival will be given 50% credit toward a future stay. No credit will be given to reservations canceled within 30 days prior to arrival. The event of cancellation of all or part of the rental term by Guest, or failure of Guest to submit the balance of rental amount and security deposit upon rental commencement, Guest agrees that the rental deposit shall be forfeited to Owner, and Owner shall have no obligation to refund said rental deposit to Guest. For all reservations canceled within 30 days of your confirmed dates, as a goodwill gesture, if the property is re-rented for the same time period and under substantially the same terms and conditions as included herein, the owner agrees to refund the amount paid less twenty percent (20%) of the total rental amount, which shall be retained by The Retreat In Laguna LLC as a cancellation fee. If any security/ pets deposit has been taken, then the security/ pet deposit shall be entirely refunded.
Guest, members of the rental party and any person allowed access to the property by the guest shall:
1) Use the premises exclusively as a residence.
2) Not sublet or assign all or any part of the premises, nor assign this Short-Term Rental Agreement or any interest in it to any other person or persons, whether friends, family or strangers.
3) Not provide keys to premises to any other person(s) that is not a member of the rental party.
4) Not allow persons other than those in the rental party to stay overnight in the property.
5) Keep the premises and all furnishing in good order and leave the premises as found upon arrival. By accepting this Short-Term Rental Agreement, guest agrees to pay for additional cleaning costs, missing contents, breaking or damage to contents or premises caused by misuse or negligence of Guest, members of the rental party, or any other person invited by to the premises by Guest. Guest expressly agrees that such charges shall be deducted from security deposit or charged to the Guest’s credit card provided on this Agreement.
6) Use appliances for their intended purpose only.
7) Request a written approval from Owner prior to arrival for Pets less than 30lbs. There is a one-time fee of $75 per pet, per stay.
8) Guest shall abide by the 9:30PM Noise Ordinance and be mindful of our residential neighbors at all times, not disturb, annoy, endanger, or interfere with Guests or neighbors, nor use the premises for any unlawful purpose, nor violate any law or ordinance, nor commit waste or nuisance upon or about the premises.
9) Comply with all rules and regulations posted on the premises, delivered or otherwise made known to Guest.
10) Act in a safe and responsible manner at all times while on the premises of The Retreat In Laguna. By accepting this Short-Term Rental Agreement, it is agreed that guest, members of the rental party, and any other persons invited to use the premises by Guest or members of the rental party are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises.
11) Not use or occupy any common area for the purpose of parties, meetings, or any other event.
12) Not smoke or allow smoking of any kind inside or around the building. Laguna Beach is a Non-Smoking city. There are fines forced by the city. Also, there is $250.00 smoking-fee penalty that will be charged to the credit card provided on this agreement if Guest or any one in their party does not comply.
13) Be responsible and hold Owner harmless for the loss of their personal belongings or valuables.
14) Not place paper or any other combustible materials in the gas fireplace or barbeque.
15) No Drones to be used on The Retreat in Laguna Property.
16) This property may not be used for Commercial Use.